Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Symbility Solutions, one of Canada’s rare 100 Million+ publicly traded technology companies. We work with startups, gaming companies, technology giants, and fortune 100 clients.A day at Symbility Intersect is never the same.
As our Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Design, implement, and launch critical product features in a fast paced environment
- Architect and design solutions to challenging infrastructure and third party API constraints
- Working with a multidisciplinary team to understand system / application requirements and recommend appropriate solutions
- Independently, and as part of a team, develop software solutions that meets system needs and perform efficiently and as designed
- Capable of performing a range of programming functions while applying technical best practices
- Unit testing and program debugging
- Willingness to explore new technologies, learn new concepts and share ideas with others
- Capable of performance optimizations
As our Senior Software Engineer, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in distributed computing is considered highly beneficial.
- At least 3-4+ years experience in building large-scale web applications and infrastructure
- Proficiency with one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala, Java
- Excellent knowledge and experience with both object-oriented and functional programming paradigms (including C++ and/ or Java)
- Knowledge of database theory; familiarity with both relational and non-relational databases.
- Web development experience with modern web frameworks like Django, Sails.JS, Flask, AppEngine, RoR, etc.
- Experience with GIT, pull requests, and Distributed Version Control Systems (We use GIT Flow)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and test-driven development is beneficial.
- Data architecture and external data integration experience desired
- Prior experience with video optimization and online video platforms is beneficial.
Life at Intersect:
FLEXIBLE HOURS AND UNLIMITED VACATION POLICY
Need a break? No problem. Employees can take time off in the way that works best for them and their teams. Work remotely when you need to.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, energy pod, and standing desks. Take care of yourself.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Fancy Fridays, Lunch and Learns.
Catered lunches, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, and Beer O’clock
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, welcome new hires, present apps of the week, and crown the QA Star of the Week.
We like to work hard and play hard, and as such we offer yearly Workations for employees to unwind and spend non-work time with coworkers.
Want to learn more?
Our Culture: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...
Symbility Intersect is a Toronto based strategic innovation company that works with forward-thinking global brands and disruptive entrepreneurs. Our team focuses on strategy, design, and development of mobile, web and data products. Our approach solves tough problems, overcomes complicated challenges and creates opportunities through innovation. Our deliverables are products and thinking that creates long-term value for our clients, not campaigns that disappear as quickly as their impact.
Symbility Intersect welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!