Engineer in Test (Co-op)
Co-op term: April 30th - August 31st, 2018
Symbility Intersect is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking an Engineer In Test. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun.
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Symbility Solutions, one of Canada’s rare 100 Million+ publicly traded technology companies. We work with startups, gaming companies, technology giants, and fortune 100 clients.
A day at Symbility Intersect is never the same.
What you will be responsible for:
- Plan, design and build automation tests for mobile and web products
- Analysis of results, documenting and communicating test results to QA Lead
- Assist in creating, designing and executing manual test cases and test scripts for functional, system, performance/integration and regression testing for leading edge web based applications
- Participate in and support quality engineering and reliability testing activities related to ongoing product improvement and new product development
- Participate in manual testing and troubleshoot issues
- Maintain existing documents and update the documents in timely manner
- Contribute to test cases and coordinate all bug fixes
- Find, reproduce, isolate, identify, report, and track issues/bugs/inconsistencies/defects to the QA Lead
What we are looking for:
- Enrolled in co-op or internship program at a college or university enrolled in a computer science or related technology program.
- An understanding of the product lifecycle and QA methodologies
- Solid knowledge of a variety of testing methodologies and technologies (i.e. Regression, Load/Stress, Black/White box testing, Acceptance, Performance etc.)
- Understands IT standards, methodologies, SDLC
- Strong familiarity with Android and iOS hardware, operating systems, and testing environments
- Expertise with the nuances of cross-platform testing on mobile
- Strong familiarity with web development and multi-browser support for web development
- Passionate about quality
- Excellent problem solving/investigational skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills and emphasis on accuracy
- Has interpersonal skills to deal effectively with others in team situations
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet project deadlines, while maintaining high quality
- Knowledge with Appium and Selenium testing tools a bonus
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-intersect/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-intersect/360-office-tour/
Symbility Intersect welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!