Symbility Intersect is one of the fastest growing Innovation Companies in Canada and is currently seeking a Business Analyst. Are you motivated by change and rocket ship growth? Do you want to build world-class technology with fiercely intelligent, enthusiastic and curious people that know how to have fun?
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Symbility Solutions, one of Canada’s rare 100 Million+ publicly traded technology companies. We work with startups, gaming companies, technology giants, and fortune 100 clients.
A day at Symbility Intersect is never the same.
As our Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze and assess client requests to define the scope of work for product and engineering
- Identify risks and constraints for proposed solutions and ongoing projects
- Determine best course of action on technical uncertainty, and include best guess of effort
- Identifies and leads problem resolution for complex requirements related issues at all levels
- Invest in internal process improvement and tooling development
- Assist Product Manager with development, update and tracking of project management processes and deliverables
- Estimate project effort for every department, and create optimal recommendations for cost and timeline
- Gain/acquire advanced understanding of business and user interaction with technology throughout project delivery
As our Business Analyst, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks across multiple stakeholders.
- A highly technical background (i.e. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field)
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Ability to breakdown and explain complex topics to project stakeholders in a clear and concise way
- Experience creating various types of technical diagram with tools
- Experience or understanding of the Agile methodology
- You are comfortable with estimating tasks
- You are comfortable with uncertainty/unknowns and resourceful in researching information either via hands-on experimentation or exploration of documentation.
- You are paranoid about risks that can impact projects, and anticipatory worst-case planning comes like second nature to you.
- You can work autonomously, self-prioritizing and managing your time, switching between multiple projects and environments as required, to deliver high-priority items quickly.
- You have an impeccable attention to detail, while moving in a fast-paced environment.
FLEXIBLE HOURS AND UNLIMITED VACATION POLICY
Need a break? No problem. Employees can take time off in the way that works best for them and their teams. Work remotely when you need to.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, energy pod, and standing desks. Take care of yourself.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Fancy Fridays, Lunch and Learns.
Catered lunches, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, and Beer O’clock
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, welcome new hires, present apps of the week, and crown the QA Star of the Week.
We like to work hard and play hard, and as such we offer yearly Workations for employees to unwind and spend non-work time with coworkers.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...
Symbility Intersect welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!