Senior UX Designer
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we’re the strategic services arm of Symbility Solutions, one of Canada’s rare 100 Million+ publicly traded technology companies. We work with startups, gaming companies, technology giants, and fortune 100 clients.
A day at Symbility Intersect is never the same.
As our Senior Product & UX Designer, you will be a team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment to produce and deliver smart and innovative applications for a dynamic and varied client base.
- Contribute product design thinking to enable creation of user-driven success-focused digital experiences
- Partner with Strategy and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Work with the executives and larger strategy team to support existing and new client strategy-related efforts
- Research and understand all facets of our clients’ businesses and provide insights that can be created into measurable analytics.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Must have documentation skills to produce and maintain specification documents, text strings, flowcharts, wireframes and other documentation that define the user experience.
- The ability to create process flows, site maps, wire frames, screen prototypes and functional specifications.
- Must be able to create client experiences and advocate for the client in the experience workflow.
- Familiarity with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with other user interface and graphic designers and with engineers on multiple projects.
- Diagram site architectures and user interfaces using sitemaps and wireframes.
- Work from given business requirements and creative concepts to create IA documentation.
- Work with developers to help create high-level prototypes as necessary.
- Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense.
- Will support continuous improvement of user experience tools, documentation and process.
As our Senior Product & UX Designer you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience
- 3+ Years of UX design experience. Successful launch of web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UI UX
- Fluent in Material Design and Human Interface Design Guidelines
Life at Intersect:
FLEXIBLE HOURS AND UNLIMITED VACATION POLICY
Need a break? No problem. Employees can take time off in the way that works best for them and their teams. Work remotely when you need to.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, energy pod, and standing desks. Take care of yourself.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Fancy Fridays, Lunch and Learns.
Catered lunches, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, and Beer O’clock
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, welcome new hires, present apps of the week, and crown the QA Star of the Week.
We like to work hard and play hard, and as such we offer yearly Workations for employees to unwind and spend non-work time with coworkers.
Want to learn more?
Our Culture: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-intersect/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-intersect/360-office-tour/
Symbility Intersect is a Toronto based strategic innovation company that works with forward-thinking global brands and disruptive entrepreneurs. Our team focuses on strategy, design, and development of mobile, web and data products. Our approach solves tough problems, overcomes complicated challenges and creates opportunities through innovation. Our deliverables are products and thinking that creates long-term value for our clients, not campaigns that disappear as quickly as their impact.
Symbility Intersect welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!