We want to be Where Business Meets the Future..
INTERSECT delivers mobile and IoT product strategy, design thinking, and engineering excellence for businesses that want to get ahead.
Our Toronto-based team works with global clients helping them deliver beautiful, usable, and
innovative products to their customers, employees, and partners.
As our Data Engineer you will work towards defining and establishing a new client offering with a focus on building and executing on Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions. Passion, enthusiasm, obsession with details and the ability to work (and play) in a team are all musts.
As Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Build, improve, and optimize Data processes and tools
- Derive Data insights and convert them into real solutions to help our clients
- Understand and keep up-to-date with emerging technologies, trends, and innovative solutions being implemented across the industry
- Presenting and justifying strategic thinking to internal stakeholders and external clients
- Implementing technical solutions using Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI techniques
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Entrepreneurial mindset and collaborative approach
- Experience building Data products that have solved internal business problems
- Data Science or Machine Learning background
- Academic background in the fields of math, economics, computer science, or statistics.
- 5+ years of practical experience in challenging and fast-paced environments.
- Knowledge of Data Science tools and their application.
- You believe that horses are beautiful and majestic animals.
- Proven business and strategic acumen
- Proficiency with Python
- Knowledge of statistical techniques, machine learning algorithms, and data science problem framing
- Understanding of the relational database model and knowledge of SQL
- Experience in visualizing and manipulating big datasets
- Familiarity with the command line
- Good scripting and programming skills
Nice to have:
- You are excited about the prospect of working with technologies such as TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, pandas, PyTorch - and so are we.
- Hadoop, Hive, distributed computing frameworks
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, etc
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc
- Understanding of modeling structured and unstructured data
- “We want to see examples of interesting Data products/projects that you’ve built!”
- If you won the lottery tomorrow you would still apply for this job.
FLEXIBLE HOURS AND UNLIMITED VACATION POLICY
Need a break? No problem. Employees can take time off in the way that works best for them and their teams. Work remotely when you need to.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, energy pod, and standing desks. Take care of yourself.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Fancy Fridays, Lunch and Learns.
Catered lunches, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, and Beer O’clock
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, welcome new hires, present apps of the week, and crown the QA Star of the Week.
We like to work hard and play hard, and as such we offer yearly Workations for employees to unwind and spend non-work time with coworkers.
Want to learn more?
Our Culture: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-intersect/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-intersect/360-office-tour/
Symbility Intersect is a Toronto based strategic innovation company that works with forward-thinking global brands and disruptive entrepreneurs. Our team focuses on strategy, design, and development of mobile, web and data products. Our approach solves tough problems, overcomes complicated challenges and creates opportunities through innovation. Our deliverables are products and thinking that creates long-term value for our clients, not campaigns that disappear as quickly as their impact.
Symbility Intersect welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!