As our Android Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Developing high quality, UX rich mobile applications for Android
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to understand system/application requirements and recommend appropriate solutions; including Designers, Backend Developers, and QA Analysts
- Working independently, and as part of a team, to develop software solutions that meet client’s needs and perform efficiently and as designed
- Optimizing applications for performance and memory usage
- Consistently delivering high-quality output
- Tracking and planning project progress through a Project Management System (Pivotal Tracker)
- Keeping up with the latest trends in the mobile industry
- Experience in full life cycle development of mobile applications in Android.
- Experience in Object oriented programming and should have been using languages like Java
- Experience working with Android SDK.
- Experience in developing mobile applications and libraries for various Android platforms including latest OS versions
- Experience with Eclipse IDE
As our Android Engineer, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Two years practical experience developing natively in Android
- Desire and ability to learn new mobile platforms
- Experience with Android Studio and XCode IDE’s
- High degree of knowledge with Social API’s, especially Facebook
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- A willingness to share experience with others
- A passion for code quality and adherence to standards
- Experience working with a version control system, especially GIT
- Excellent communications skills
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application UX
FLEXIBLE HOURS AND UNLIMITED VACATION POLICY
Need a break? No problem. Employees can take time off in the way that works best for them and their teams. Work remotely when you need to.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, energy pod, and standing desks. Take care of yourself.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Fancy Fridays, Lunch and Learns.
Catered lunches, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, and Beer O’clock
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, welcome new hires, present apps of the week, and crown the QA Star of the Week.
We like to work hard and play hard, and as such we offer yearly Workations for employees to unwind and spend non-work time with coworkers.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...
Symbility Intersect welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!