Android Engineer (Co-op)
Term: Spring 2019
We want to be Where Business Meets the Future..
INTERSECT delivers mobile and IoT product strategy, design thinking, and engineering excellence for businesses that want to get ahead. We deliver experiences that inspire the next generation of business.
Our Toronto-based team works with global clients helping them deliver beautiful, usable, and innovative products to their customers, employees, and partners.
You have a github presence
You enjoy solving problems
You have shipped a high quality product
You are familiar with software engineering lifecycles
You know what clean code is
You are passionate about your craft, and are familiar with one or more mobile communities.
You know the difference between a binary tree, a heap, and a hash table --- and you know when to use them.
You love exploring new technologies and concepts --- and you enjoy sharing ideas with others
As our Android Engineer Co-op, you will be responsible for the following:
- Developing high quality, UX rich mobile applications for Android platforms.
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to understand system/application requirements and recommend appropriate solutions
- Working independently, and as part of a team, to develop mobile solutions that meet client's needs and perform efficiently and as designed
- Optimizing applications for performance and memory usage
- Consistently delivering high-quality output
- Tracking and planning project progress through a Project Management System (Pivotal Tracker)
- Keeping up with the latest trends in the mobile industry
As our Android Engineer Co-op, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Enrolled in co-op or internship program at a college or university enrolled in a computer science or related technology program.
- At least one year of practical experience developing natively in Android
- Desire and ability to learn new mobile platforms
- Experience with Android Studio
- High degree of knowledge with Social API's, especially Facebook
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- A passion for code quality and adherence to standards
- Experience working with a version control system, especially GIT
- Excellent communications skills
- Keen eye for details and quality at both the code level and the overall application UX
Want to learn more?
Our Culture: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...